Through the EC-LEDS program, the U.S. government is providing targeted technical assistance to support the development and implementation of low emission development strategies (LEDS) in 25 partner countries.
Results from 2014-2015 include:
- Mobilizing $647 million to fund LEDS action in 10 countries
- Helping establish new climate laws and polices in 13 countries
- Deploying 1,520 megawatts of new renewable electricity and reducing energy consumption by 1.8 million megawatt-hours across four countries
- Improving management of more than 1 million hectares of forest resources in Africa and Asia
- Directly supporting development and submission of Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) in 11 partner countries, which when implemented will reduce greenhouse gas emissions in 2030 by 440 metric tones of carbon dioxide equivalent.
See a list of all EC-LEDS program milestones for its partner countries and two regions: Asia and Eastern Europe.
Sharing Our Successes
Read success stories about the accomplishments of the EC-LEDS program and its partner countries.